What are the Potential Health Hazards of Mosquitoes?
Don’t you think mosquitoes are underestimated for how harmful and life-threatening they are?
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), it is claimed that more than 50% of the world’s population is under the threat of mosquito-borne diseases.
Also, the worldwide incidence of dengue, a disease transmitted by mosquitoes, has increased 30-folds in the past 30 years.
These numbers reflect something alarming. Isn’t this the right time to adopt effective mosquito control solutions than just shutting doors before dusk or applying mosquito repellent lotions?
Mosquitoes have stood for centuries as one of the most dangerous insects in the world. Although not all mosquitoes indeed cause disease and not all infections are life-threatening, but those which are harmful require serious concern. There are still many countries who are facing the initial outbreak of mosquito-borne diseases, and before it’s too late, it is wise to be precautious and embrace best mosquito control measures. But before discussing mosquito control and prevention, let’s first check out the potential hazards of this blood-sucking species –
Severe Hazards of Mosquitoes
The hazards that are caused by mosquito bites are far more threatening than they seem from stats and examples. Mosquitoes are the most potent bacteria transmitters and identified to be more hazardous than flies which are thought to carry more diseases.
There are enough diseases caused by mosquito bites, but there are also some base factors which make mosquitoes one of the most dangerous species on the earth. Some of these factors are as follows –
- Primary Virus Carriers – Mosquitoes act as the primary virus carrier and transmitter, causing various serious as well as fatal diseases. When a mosquito feeds on a victim, it sucks the blood and leaves its saliva in the bloodstream, which causes the virus to take shelter in the human body, resulting in illness and diseases.
- Infects hundreds of millions, kills millions – There is scarcely any place left in the world where mosquitoes don’t exist, and it is something to feel dreadful about. Every year mosquitoes infect hundreds of millions of people around the globe, from which millions die. If we think carefully, we’ll notice that mosquitoes are killing more people than most of the other fatal diseases and problems shadowing the world.
- Affects health, immunity as well as the life of people – It is a blessing if a person survives a life-threatening disease caused by a mosquito bite, but then also, the disease or infection caused by a mosquito affects the health and immunity of the victim. There are many cases where mosquito-bitten persons face a hard time recovering and getting back to their routine life.
After considering the aforesaid factors, now is the time to go through so me hazardous diseases that are infamous for taking lives and making people suffer for months following the recovery. The following diseases are the reason why mosquitoes are so dangerous and why they should be controlled to avoid any further loss to human breed –
- Malaria: Malaria is a widespread disease in Asia, Africa and South America and is caused by a parasite called Protozoa. It spreads via the infected female Anopheles mosquito’s saliva and travels to the liver and reproduces.
The symptoms of malaria include fatigue, fever, vomiting, headache, and paler skin. In severe cases, it can lead up to death too. In malaria, early diagnosis is crucial. It is also advised to opt for effective mosquito control techniques to prevent the breeding and biting of mosquitoes.
- Zika Virus: Zika Virus was discovered in the mid-20th century, but it was considered harmless due to its mild symptoms, until 2015, when the virus came to North America and its real danger came up on surface. The symptoms of Zika include fever, headache, rash, conjunctivitis and joint pain.
Generally, the symptoms of Zika are so mild that the victim barely takes it seriously or plans to see a doctor. But its impact on expecting women and their babies is a real definition of dreadful. Zika can cause several birth defects in the newborn and other pregnancy concerns. The only best way to be safe from Zika is using mosquito traps and other solutions to prevent contact with mosquitoes.
- Dengue: Centre for Disease Control estimates that almost 400 million people get infected from Dengue each year. The disease has two life-threatening versions: Dengue hemorrhagic fever (bleeding, blood plasma leakage, and low levels of blood platelets) and Dengue shock syndrome (dangerously low blood pressure). It’s wise to find ways to prevent mosquitoes and get the dengue fever vaccine Dengvaxia. This vaccine is approved for those who live in areas that are majorly impacted by dengue and fall in the age group of 9 to 45.
- Yellow Fever: A Yellow Fever includes the symptoms of skin coloration, fever, chills, loss of appetite, nausea, muscle as well as joint pain and headaches. Yellow Fever is primarily a short-term disease, but severe cases can lead to abdominal pain, liver, and kidney problems.
Few of the other serious ailments caused by mosquitoes include West Nile Virus and Chikungunya. West Nile Virus develops illness in the nervous system, while Chikungunya causes wrecking joint pains.
Using Mosquito Control Systems is the Best Precaution
Now, as we know how dangerous a mosquito and a single bite can be, we should also be aware of the measures we can take to stay safe from all the diseases. There is one common point to be safe from every disease, and it is to prevent mosquitoes from biting you, and it can be possible only when there are suitable precautions brought into practice.
You can cover yourself up with full-sleeve clothes and shut the entryways, so the mosquitoes don’t enter your house. But there is more you can do to keep yourself, your home, and other open surroundings safe from these flying chaos.
There are various solutions which you can implement to safeguard your home, agro land and open spaces. We, Knockout Mosquito, can help you with our wide range of mosquito prevention systems. For instance, you can install a mosquito trap to control mosquito growth by linking population control enzymes to egg-laying mosquitoes when they enter the trap. Alternatively, you can also avail our mosquito fogging spray to remove all the mosquitoes that have been bothering you for a long time.
Knockout Mosquito is best known for providing best mosquito control solutions and mosquito misting systems in Charleston SC. Explore our offerings here and if you want to hire our mosquito control company, get a free estimate today.